Nest Thermostat installed, what should the boiler C/H setting be set to?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got my Nest thermostat hooked up to my Vaillant TurboMax boiler but I'm not sure what I should set the C/H boiler value to? It has a dial from 1-10 and I usually have it around 7. Does it matter what it is set to?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Set it as low as you can get away with. The higher it is, the more gas you will burn, so you want it high enough to heat your house but no higher

All that the boiler thermostat does is control the temperature of the water leaving the boiler. So the higher the setting the hotter the radiators to the touch. the Nest will control the room temperature and turn off the heating when the room reaches the temperature you have selected..

Condensing boilers tend to be more efficient at lower temperatures, but if you set it too low it may take quite some time for the house to warm up.

Some Vaillant boilers have a suggested setting marked near the thermostat that varies according to the outside temperature.

Sponsored Links
From the Vaillant TurboMax user manual.

Capture.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back