New Alarm Help... Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing an alarm in my garden office, it does not need many zones but I want to be able to install customise it myself.

My wish list....
Separate keypad (without front flap would be nice)
PIR's that I can rely on no false alarms
Phone dialler / text to inform me of alarm status
Connection over the internet would have been nice to set and check the alarm, however not willing to pay more than £80 for that extra so probably not going to happen.

I am running 8 core alarm cable to various parts of the building now.

Can I have 2 PIR/microwave in the same room or will they upset each other?
I was going to install a mains smoke and heat detector in different rooms, am I better keeping this separate from the alarm panel or wiring them back to the pane or dialler?
The Texecom units look popular on here, any advise?

Sorry this is all a bit vague, but if I knew what I wanted then I would not have to post the question....

Steve.

Sponsored Links
Just to clarify, when I said it does not need many zones.... I am not bothered if it has the facility for 12+ zones, I don't have to use them! Just trying to provide as many facts as possible.

For PIR's the Bosch Blue Line Gen 2 BLD2 TriTech Blueline Detector sound good? Any comments?

This is my office it is going in....

OfficeatNight_zps99f0f65b.jpg

The exterior 'small' bell box will be fitted on the rear! As I don't want to spoil the front.

Steve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back