New Alarm siren not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i have an Accenta G3 alarm system. Ive just changed the siren from an old Sonade 2000 to a Reson8. Ive checked the connections which i believe are correct, but its not working. When i connected the siren battery i got a short bleep confirming that was ok, but apart from that nothing happens. Ive tried a test and the keypad sounder goes but not the siren or strobe. The LED's don't appear to be working either. Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
pictures of the connections both ends.

also if its not working, take the bell box down and play with a short cable so you can get to grips before getting back up the ladders.

can I ask why the original bell box was replaced?

The reson8 manual has very clear instructions on how to wire up to this panel???

Hi, thanks for the reply, I will take some pictures, in the meantime the diagram below is how ive wired it up. I changed the bell as the original was about 10 years old and had rust on some of the components, plus the strobe had stopped working some while ago.

Attachments

• alarm.jpg
    alarm.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 96
Sponsored Links
well your diagram suggest you have done it correctly, need a multi meter to check your have power unless the bell bix ?

you can take the bell trigger wire to the -ve hold off in the panel.

strongly suggest if your are struggling to use a short cable directly to the panel and get it right before you put it back up, at least then you know its working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back