New bath required, P or L shape?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey All, Happy new year!

We`re building a new bathroom and we`re considering a whirlpool bath with shower. Am considering an P or L shaped. I`m concerned that a few years down the line the shower screen will leak or someone will crack the side panel and will be a right pain to find a replacement.

Anyone know if the shower screens are all pretty much the same dimensions? Same goes for the side panels i guess. Or should I just go for a wider standard size bath, space isnt really a problem, but there isnt enough room to fit both a bath and separate shower.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
We bought a P shaped one about five years ago. I suppose that if I wanted a replacement side panel I would have problems finding one. Whilst I haven't specifically looked for a replacement side panel I have never seen P or L shaped side panels sold separately. Our shower screen doesn't leak as such but we have a very powerful pumped shower. I suppose it would be okay if we only had one of those piddly useless electric showers but with our power shower spray goes everywhere so we also have a shower curtain which really negates the need for a screen but it looks good.

Oh can't resist Part P and Part L. However more to point, I found the P shape was great for shower, but to have a bath it holds too much water, OK instant gas water heater so does not run out, but one has to weight for ages for it to fill, so very seldom used as a bath any more. With mine the walls form two sides, and the panels are now 15 years old, just getting to stage where new strips are required.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I`ve come across a 1600x800 corner type bath, its just slightly curved on the outside edge. It has a straight shower screen so thats easy to replace in the future which is my main concern. It does hold 230 litres mind, we are going to install a megaflow boiler and a 210 litre cylinder so i`m hoping it wont take too long to fill. Although not very economical to run i suspect.

Back