New bathroom for house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I'm looking at buying a new bathroom suite for my house. Iv never bought one before and unsure on what budget I should be spending. Basically I want a suite (the bath is fine) that looks square & modern and I would like a nice mirror with lights.

I have seen bathroom companies like victoriaplumb.com and betterbathrooms.com, but have recently found one called johnlouis-bathrooms.co.uk they seem to be much cheaper than others and this is better- I would rather pay less. Has anybody used them before? Or can anyone recommend anywhere with similar prices?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have used Victoria Plumb, they were fine.

Be careful with getting the shower style baths though - they are nice for showers but as a bath they use an incredible amount of water. The other annoying thing is that the edges of the bath don't slope back down into the bath, so you get water puddling around the edges.

Sponsored Links
Hi I personally got everything I wanted via ebay its really good quality and cheap i cant fault it. Its exactly the same as whats in bathstore or most outlets just without the mark up.

//www.diynot.com/forums/your-projects/waynes-bathroom-project.358403/[/QUOTE]

Be careful with the cheaper stuff from bathroom suppliers who trade via eBay. I got a traditional style pedestal sink that was wonky across the front. A WC from the same supplier had been dented in the side before firing, and was misshapen. The replacement had highly visible flaws in the glaze. Both were from the "Carlton" range. I used the sink for a while but got refunded (eventually) on the WC.

Having said that, most of the stuff I've built into my house came via eBay, so I think I was unlucky with that range and with that supplier.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back