new bathroom suite to fit ,combi boiler draindown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need to fit a new bathroom suite toilet sink bath and thermo shower,how do i drain down the water in the combi boiler ,and how after the work is compleeted do i fill it agin ,can i just drain down the suply pipes for the hot and cold water and leave the central heating alone?

Sponsored Links
ok so if i just turn stopcock off and turn all taps on hot an cold it will just drain out yea or will their still be water lleft in the pipes ,if i turn the pipes on downstairs will it also empty the top pipes in the house ,,sorryy if i sound thick im just not use to it an dont fancy a flood before i start riping out my bathroom

it will only have the water held in the pipes.

open up and downstairs and it should just come out the downstairs taps.

hey presto pipes are empty (the c/heating wont thou....so dont splice them!! )

Sponsored Links
My sparks tells me you now have to take your earth cross bonding up to the earth on light fittings fans etc and switches. Just thought you needed to know that so you can run the wires before you retile / redecorate.

Man am I glad I'm not doing my own lecky work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back