New bathroom upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of fitting a new bathroom upstairs in a 3 bed semi. This house was built in the 1930's so the current bathroom is downstairs in an extension off the back of the kitchen/ dining room.

Just wondered if anyone knew how this would effect the price of the house? Would have to eat into the largest double room but still leaves me with 2 decent doubles with room for wardrobe etc and a good size single.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
it's got to be the first thing I'll change when Nan kicks the old bucket and I inherit her house...

downstairs WC are a thing of the past..

I'm no Estate Agent (thank the Lord) but I'd imagine making the bedrooms smaller would lose value, however an upstairs bathroom would add value, plus you've got the space where the bathroom is now to change into another room (bigger kitchen if the layout suits it?) so I can't see it affecting the value in a negative way.

Sponsored Links
I've converted my 3 bed end terrace to have an upstairs bathroom. I've had it valued since and it's gone up in value slightly above the rise in house prices in my area. Get a fe estate agents in and see what they say.

Yeah thanks all,

guess the only donwside is the slightly smaller bedroom but it was a funny shape anyway so probably making the most of the space.

Re the Gran, they do say that having a downstairs toilet increases your life expectancy by about 20-30 years though, something about having to go up and down the stairs more often, keeps the heart healthy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back