New Boiler Choice Ideal Logic Plus or Vaillant EcoTec 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have had a quote for installation of a new heating system for a two bed Flat, 5 radiators and Boiler (new installation)

I have read a few bad reviews about both Ideal and Vaillant and I would like some opionions of the people on here about both boilers. As the reviews were all quite old. The Vaillant boiler is £150 more expensive but does not have the 5 year warranty Ideal has.

I have to make a decision but I am torn between the warranty with Ideal but the brand name of Vaillant

Thanks for your time

Graeme

Sponsored Links
So what does your installer have to say about it?

Remember there is no exact answer! Just opinions!

Mine is to pay extra for the Vaillant. But then I am biased because I can fit and repair boilers.

By the way, in spite of what you seem to imagine, you are free to choose ANY make of boiler and not just those two!

Tony

Cheers Tony

Installer seems to push toward Ideal because of the Warranty but he has says he fits a 50/50 split. It was only because I asked for a price for a better boiler?

Its an easy install as there is great under floor access and no flooring etc and I have asked him to remove the old water tank and hot water cylinder so everything runs of the main, to give me the only storage cupboard back.

Graeme

Did he measure the dynamic flow rate of your water supply ???

Both the Intergas and the Viessmann can have a five year warrantee!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Your installer could sign up to valiant advance and get you a

Three year warranty on a valiant 24 pro

Five years on a valiant plus 24. (more expensive)

Without doing a flow and pressure test on your system you have no idea as to whether it is suitable for a combi. You could pay out a lot of money and be very dissatisfied.

On the up side you could be okay, I hope

Thanks for your advice, I see what you are saying. It is a replacement for storage heaters, so complete new install, and new gas main supply coming in from street. But as a consumer I did expect the installer to do any tests they may need, water pressure is really good in kitchen from main but thats just my opinion.

I will find out what the warranty is on the vaillant in the morning, as I need to Get a date booked. I was not offered any other boilers than the two I mentioned. But again, you kind of trust your installer.

I wanted to get some opinions here first

Internet is killing the world that is the true reason why the world is on its arse. Customers know to much an just dig for problems. Stop digging relax an trust your judgement just like the good old days....?

It is a replacement for storage heaters, so complete new install, and new gas main supply coming in from street.

Did your installer mention that you could get a £400 grant towards the cost?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back