Vaillant v Ideal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are in need of a new combi boiler and are in the process of getting quotes in now. So far 2 engineers have had a look at our current set up (Glow Worm compact) and are both quoting to replace it with an Ideal Logic plus 30, with a 5 year warrenty.

However, having looked on the net (and on here) the Logic doesn't have the best of reviews. A friend who lives nearby (same type of house, 3 bed semi) recently had a new boiler fitted and went for a Vaillant ecoTECpro 28 and swears it is the best boiler avaliable.

I'm interested in any opinions either way to help us decide which to get, by the way, i notice the Vaillant only offer a standard 1 year warrenty against the 5 year Ideal....

Sponsored Links
Update,

On the Boliers4You.com website the Vaillant ecoTEC Pro 28 Condensing Combi Gas Boiler is priced at £807.62 inc VAT, the Ideal Logic+ 30W Condensing Combi Gas Boiler is priced at £843.62 plus VAT.

So the Vaillant has won the price battle, however, i guess that is just the boiler, various installation kit will be required as well?

5 Year Warranty, look at the Viessmann Vitodens 100 or alternatively Worcester Bosch from an Accredited Installer.

Checked the Viessmann Vitodens 100 on the net, 2 year warrenty/10 year on the stainless steel heat exchanger - price inc VAT £927.43

Whatever we end up with will obviously be fitted by an Accredited Installer, i know the law and wouldn't dream of trying to do it myself lol.

Sponsored Links
Ideal have the reputation for building a worse boiler than any other brand.

Vaillant have the reputation for offering a worse customer service than any other brand.

However, if you feel you should come on this forum to verify the the advice you've been given re the renewal of your boiler, you should spend more time on learning more about how to find a good installer in stead of trying to find out how to catch out the people you've been dealing with so far.

Checked the Viessmann Vitodens 100 on the net, 2 year warrenty/10 year on the stainless steel heat exchanger - price inc VAT £927.43

Whatever we end up with will obviously be fitted by an Accredited Installer, i know the law and wouldn't dream of trying to do it myself lol.
In which case it would be 5yr/10 yr.

Ignore the price of the boiler on it's own; the only thing that counts financially, is the total amount including anything and everything that it will cost you in the end.
The quality of the install ( with some exceptions ) is more important than the quality of the boiler.

Update,

On the Boliers4You.com website the Vaillant ecoTEC Pro 28 Condensing Combi Gas Boiler is priced at £807.62 inc VAT, the Ideal Logic+ 30W Condensing Combi Gas Boiler is priced at £843.62 plus VAT.

So the Vaillant has won the price battle, however, i guess that is just the boiler, various installation kit will be required as well?

You can get a Logic plus 30 from plumbs and pts for around £650 including the flue and in some cases a clock.

In the OP, it was mentioned about the Logic plus having bad reviews. I can tell you that I have been installing them for a while and havent had any problems.

Most of the negativity about Ideal on the forum surrounds Ideals older product range, which rather let them down badly. So Ideal get a lot of stick even though the new boilers are far superior in every way.

Regards.

...Most of the negativity about Ideal on the forum surrounds Ideals older product range
:LOL: Older product range as in: everything they sold from the classic onwards. In all likelyhood, the Logic will prove as big a lemon as the Response. It will just take one more year before all the poor sods that were talked into buying one start finding out they have a real Ideal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back