Vaillant v Ideal

fitted a number of Logic boilers with no issues at all.
Know of a couple of installers that have fitted over 200 between them with no issues at all.

Had to call out Ideal for a Isar fault yesterday and they came out same day!

Sponsored Links
Yes, we have heard that song before.
It took about 3 years before Responses started to go wrong, and about 4 or 5 years before it became clear that they weren't just bad, but a complete disaster.

"so whats all this we'll see in five years" ****** then :LOL:

dont utter such crap.

logic has been excellent for nearly two years

Just because the old models were bad does not mean the new ones will be bad. I like them, my customers like them, and if you look at the design and quality of componets inside the boiler, you can see how good they are.

Sponsored Links
Ideal have the reputation for building a worse boiler than any other brand.

Vaillant have the reputation for offering a worse customer service than any other brand.

That info is appreciated and appears to be the general view of most.

However, if you feel you should come on this forum to verify the the advice you've been given re the renewal of your boiler, you should spend more time on learning more about how to find a good installer in stead of trying to find out how to catch out the people you've been dealing with so far.

I'm not sure what your final comments are all about though, i come onto this forum to ask the opinion of others, which is what forums are for...i think.

You talk about spending time learning how to find a good installer, so far i've asked about and got the name of 3 reputable local installers and am getting quotes off each for the job, if you have a better idea of securing the service of a good installer please let me know...as for trying to catch out people i'm dealing with, you've totally lost me there, i have no intention of catching anyone out, but at the same time i don't want to part with what to me is big money and end up with a troublesome croc of ****e for the next 10-15 years.

Here's a radical idea, if Ideal are crap and Vaillant customer service is rubbish please share with us your opinion is as to the best combi boiler for a standard 3 bed semi?

worcester greenstar for me, then ideal logic, worcester only better because customer service and technical help tho

Thanks for all the replies, have had 2 guys round now with the 3rd tomorrow morning, will be interesting to see which bolier he recommends.

Been fitting Vaillants for the last 8 years,never really had a problem apart from the one in my house(typical).

Ever thought your customer just never got you back :LOL: :LOL:

vaillant customer service & group service engineers are just useless. :LOL:

Worcester an ideal ffs! Vaillant all the way mate vast an I mean vastly more r fitted an ecotecs r so reliable nowadays

Ideal have a lot of work to redeem themselves for and can't just get away with producing a boiler as good as anyone else, they must make one better and longer lasting to regain my confidence..

So it's Vaillant for me, I have such confidence in them that I will stick my own 5 year guarantee on a Vaillant that I fit...Well I would do but if you register a Vaillant boiler, they pass the customers name on to Homeserve so that MY customer gets bombarded with letters and 'phone calls to get Homeserve to service the boiler that I fitted and I have guaranteed.....So Vaillant can go and swivel too..

By accredited one of the previous posters ment a person seen by a manufacturer as good enough to allow them to offer the five year warrentee on the appliance, not Gas Safe Registered.

Some Manufacturers wont allow me to offer the five year warentee as I only fit about fifteen boilers a year, Therefore Worcester Bosch and Vaillant miss out on the combined UK sales of lots of installers like me, where as in my view Viessmann and Intergas have a more worldly approach.

Tim

3rd and last engineer had a look today and without prompting recommended the Vaillant eco tec 28, now to await the 3 quotes :confused:

..Well I would do but if you register a Vaillant boiler......

Don't register it, they'll still honour the warranty. If you don't register the boiler they'll give the standard warranty + 6months from the date of manufacturer(from serial no.)
Not only that they'll change sludged main and plate hex for free in warranty, they won't charge you for wasted calls, they wont slag off your install on a waarranty call, and the direct labour employees they use won't try and poach your customers. I hear people slagging off Vaillant/Glowworm "aftersales" but what they mean is the tech line, which admittedly is a bit of a joke sometimes. Not how the manufacturer will go out of their way to keep the installer happy, which is quite the opposite to most companies.

It's true that Vaillant customer service is cr@p. Just getting through to them on the phone is a mission in itself.

However, their service team people are good in the main.

What I will say is that their combis are probably the best made out there for the money. There have been a few problems, but Vaillant responded with improvements over the years, none of which seem to be designed to make the product cheaper, but better.

New internal pipework, new water pressure switch, upgraded paint finish inside, new display design, new Grundfos pump in lieu of Wilo. All for the better. ecoTEC+ is the boiler everyone else has to beat at the moment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back