New boiler fitted, system leak ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Just had a, Ideal Logi +combi 30 boiler fitted, I have had to top the system up several times, but I am still bleeding radiators and have a couple of small weeps occasionally, also the bathroom towel rail has been cooler at the top a couple of times but as soon as bleed it its fine.
I suspect I have a slow leak somewhere in the system as I used to have to top up the old boiler also.
I guess the weeps and need for the rads to be bled would also cause the loss of pressure, but how on earth do you find a leak you can not see, ??

many thanks for any help
jammy :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Turn the boiler off, pressurise the system, bleed rads starting with the furthest one from the boiler (downstairs rads first) then repeat upstairs, keep the pressure just over a bar. When you say your still bleeding the rads that will account for the pressure loss, it wont be sucking air in on a sealed system, but if you have a serious rust problem (rads) this can create gasses. Has it been inhibited ? .

Sponsored Links
You probably didn't tell the installers you had a suspected leak on your heating pipework though, did you? Best thing to do though, as said, is get them back to sort out any leaks on the work they did....

Hi gigz. Yes the system had been inhibited and the house is only 18 years old.
I have only bled the towel rail twice and it was only the very top part which was cooler.
Do you still think it could be rust.
Thanks again for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back