New Boiler installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you clarify that he did add X100 inhibitor as well as fitting that questionable electrolytic thing?

Sponsored Links
As per @Razor900: good price. Nice neat job. Couple of additional components that can't hurt AND, most importantly... fitter is a neighbour and doesn't want constant knocks on his front door, at ungodly hours to come and deal with issues arising from poor workmanship... I'm sure he dotted all the "i's" and crossed all the "t's".

Hooray for good neighbourliness (n)

As per @Razor900: good price. Nice neat job. Couple of additional components that can't hurt AND, most importantly... fitter is a neighbour and doesn't want constant knocks on his front door, at ungodly hours to come and deal with issues arising from poor workmanship... I'm sure he dotted all the "i's" and crossed all the "t's".

Hooray for good neighbourliness (n)
Yes he done all the commissioning and benchmark book filled in; he also given me the gas certificate number straightaway cos he registered the boiler online with Ideal but did say should receive the certificate via the post. :)

Sponsored Links
Even better.if he's with ideal connect now ideal will contact your local council and register the install with them ,and shortly you will receive a building compliance certificate

The ideal boiler is just a a kit of third party parts, like many other boilers using the Gianonni heat exchanger. Very expensive for what it is.

The ideal boiler is just a a kit of third party parts, like many other boilers using the Gianonni heat exchanger. Very expensive for what it is.

The OP is happy with the installation, he's hardly going to get it ripped out again now on the strength of a few comments on here....

The OP is happy with the installation, he's hardly going to get it ripped out again now on the strength of a few comments on here....
Im very happy with both the install and the boiler itself plus with the Standard 10 year warranty
Happy days:)

Im sorry im not in the Ferroli cheap budget boilers, also they charge to extend the boiler warranty :(

Im very happy with both the install and the boiler itself plus with the Standard 10 year warranty

Im sorry im not in the Ferroli cheap budget boilers, also they charge to extend the boiler warranty :(

Don't worry. Hard On has all the intellect and personality of a cauliflower but only half as useful. His opinions should be considered no further.

Last edited:

I am not trying to rain on your parade. The Ferroli Modena is a quality combi. Budget implies cheap and nasty. There is nothing nasty about the Modena. They do charge to extend the boiler warranty, but it is still far cheaper overall. As I wrote, the Ideal is just a kit of third party parts. Many others supply similar with similar parts for much less. Even some Heatlines and BIASIs have Giannoni heat exchangers. On two prime parts in the combi the Modena has Honeywell parts.

Last edited:
You can't explain can you. Because you don't know.

Go back to promoting the sieves your former employer used to chuck out.

You are an embarrassment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back