New boiler installed on an old system. Bodged job?** PICS **

Cheers VC.

When I can be a faffed I will re-acquaint myself with the earlier pages. Surely if the OP was not happy with the work then it wouldn't have been signed off? We shall wait for the result of the TDS test too ;)

As is said earlier, the work should be done to standard, a Powerflush is not a standard.

On threads like this it would be nice to hear both sides of ther argument.

Regardless of the outcome though it doesn't change my opinion on WF :cool:

Sponsored Links
As is said earlier, the work should be done to standard, a Powerflush is not a standard.

I agree. The end result is what's important, it doesn't matter if it is achieved via a PF or chemicals.

However, if a contract says the system will be power flushed and they were billed for power flushing when it wasn't carried out, that's fraud in my book and shouldn't be condoned.

Why do people think that the nhs , fire brigade, police etc are free do have any idea what tax is for or do you not pay any?
What are you talking about? These services are not charged at point of use (are "free") because they are paid for out of taxation. As a taxpayer, I (and probably you) have helped pay for them, just like we've paid for this boiler installation.

As we've paid for the job, we are entitled to expect it to be done to the standard specified and paid for.

Why attack the little guy, ie. the installer, for taking a shortcut because the fatcats who run the oraganisation he works for are screwing him? He's probably just busting his jacksy to keep up with some frantic schedule.

Would you say that if the "little guy" was a surgeon working for the "fat cat" NHS executives? Perhaps taking a shortcut whilst performing an operation on you!? That's okay yeah?

Or, perhaps the "little guy" fireman who leaves his hose to go eat his lunch, allowing the fire he was putting out to spread to your house?

Are you trying to say that none of the NHS staffs' errors that are constantly reported in the media, are because someone took a short cut? Probably because they are under massive pressure, and the 'system' is under massive strain. A system whose administration is completely out of their control.

Are you saying that firemen never leave a woman to die down a mine shaft, because the 'system' tells them that their completely adequate whinch isn't for this purpose? A system whose administration is completely out of their control.

Are you saying that policemen never stand by whilst someone drowns in a pond, because the 'system' says thay can't until they have done a life saving course? A system whose administration is completely out of their control.

Not saying any of this is right, far from it. They were all paid to do a 100% perfect job, but for some reason they didn't. At least the surgeon can probably very easily go and do work in the private sector instead. The emergency services will be backed up by their unions. The lowly gas installer is probably on a short-term contract.

Anyway, how do I get to this perfect world of yours? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Anyway, how do I get to this perfect world of yours? :rolleyes:

If we as a country accept poor service and sub-standard workmanship, Britain will continue to deteriorate. If 'we' stand up to / challenge it instead of just accepting it's 'okay', then maybe, just maybe things will change :!: :?:

I've travelled around many countries and have to say our 'service' leaves a lot to be desired in comparison! :(

Why should we accept poor service!?

I have travelled to many countries with far better customer service etc etc etc.

Another thing that linked nearly all of them was greater sense of sink or swim rather than a sense of being owed everything by the state.

maybe you should send that post to the ideal and halstead(dimplex) boiler manufactures.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back