New boiler, new problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a new boiler fitted by a mate of mine (a Baxi condensor) after the old Ariston stopped working (circuit board fault). Went in fine and we now have heat again as well as plenty of hot water in the kitchen. However the hot water in the bathroom (sink and bath) are both lukewarm at max. We've tried all different settings on the boiler itself hoping it was just a turn of a control or something but still only lukewarm.

Unfortunately my mate is now in Australia for three months and his mobile is switched off! Any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
well call the manufacturers as long as it has been fotted as per thier instructions and your mate was corgi reg'd they will sort it out for you :)

All the pipes, rads, etc were already fitted - this was a straight boiler swap. Won't the manufacturers just claim it's the existing pipes?

if the pipes are up to their requirements why would they

and as long as the central heating pipes were flushed as per their instructions why would they?

Sponsored Links
Point taken. Yes, everything was flushed and all the pipes worked fine previously. Cheers

What were the power ratings of each boiler?

What DHW power input did he record on the Benchmark Certificate for the new boiler?

Tony

1/Shut cold feed to combi.
2/open a single hot tap
3/ does water come out?

if yes

4/ not combi.
5/ go to all showers and mono taps listen for water sounds.
6/put single check valves on pipework at point of problem.

had a service call a few years back, yes even I used to fit Baxi once :LOL: and the Baxi engineer said that as long as the nearest tap to the combi got hot he was not interested in the rest :rolleyes: As this was the utility tap 2 feet away the customer was not very happy. This was a brand new system with all pipes etc new. Eventually got an engineer who fixed it, but cannot remember what the fault was now :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back