New Boiler Quote.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just about to to get a new combi boiler fitted and in common with others posting on this forum i'm looking for some advise.
I've checked out previous posts on this subject and they have been useful, however i'm looking for any help/information on the Vokera Compact 29HE , is it a good model etc, or should i choose another one.
I live in a 1 bedroom flat which has 4 radiators.
Any info would be appreciated,
Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Vokera are cheap rubbish and not very reliable as are "Ideal" boilers.

Worcester Bosch and Vaillant are the best two makes, stick to those and you won't go far wrong.

vokera are ok although their heyday is over.

the compact HE is a dog, avoid it.

I disagree, Vokera are decent boilers, The Compact is a decent Band B boiler that should, if well installed, give years of trouble free service.

Still very popular up here in the Grim north anyway!!

Sponsored Links

I disagree, Vokera are decent boilers, The Compact is a decent Band B boiler that should, if well installed, give years of trouble free service.

Still very popular up here in the Grim north anyway!!

im a big fan of vokeras, i have one in my house.

the compact HE is still a dog though.

Once again we disagree Harrogategas, Vokera as a company are very poor to deal with and their products are unreliable, cheap and nasty.

Once again we disagree Harrogategas, Vokera as a company are very poor to deal with and their products are unreliable, cheap and nasty.

ive never had any problems with vokera, always been pretty helpful when ive phoned them.

not so keen on their newer stuff but there old stuff was hardly cheap and unreliable.

Old Vokeras were reasonable, nowadays they've become unreliable and moved towards the budget end of the market. Vokera now charge £5 for a technical call on boilers no longer in production. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your advice folks it's much appreciated.

I think i will ask for a different model to be fitted.
I'm thinking off going for the WB Greenstar 27cdi, what do you think ? Would that be appropriate for my 1 bedroom flat with 4 radiators ? or can you suggest anything else, i live in Glasgow if that helps.

Once again thankyou for any help.

Thanks for your advice folks it's much appreciated.

I think i will ask for a different model to be fitted.
I'm thinking off going for the WB Greenstar 27cdi, what do you think ? Would that be appropriate for my 1 bedroom flat with 4 radiators ? or can you suggest anything else, i live in Glasgow if that helps.

Once again thankyou for any help.

The WB 27cdi will be more than adequate and come with a 5yr warranty if fitted by a WB approved installer.

ive never had any problems with vokera, always been pretty helpful when ive phoned them.

I won't even consider them anymore and won't be going out to any older ones now Vokera are charging £5 per tech help call on all but current production boilers :mad:

Thanks for your help once again.

I don't know if the installer is WB approved, but will find out.
I'm assuming that the WB Greenstar 27cdi will be more expensive than the Vokera, thus making the quote i've received inaccurate ?

Are there any other models that would do the job ?

Thanks for advice.

Any boiler on the market will do the job. Ask 10 plumbers their fav boiler and you get all sorts of answers!!!!

If you like/trust the installer that quoted you, why not trust and follow his advise? Is that not part of the package when your paying good money to an installer?

The people on here who say, this is crap, that is crap are really just giving the industy a bad name.

Any boiler , installed on a clean system, and correctly commissioned and regually serviced, should give years of hassle free service.

For the record I have a Vokera Compact 24kw in my own house that was given to me to try by the Vokera rep. Ive had it 7 years now and it has not skipped a beat once.

I put a Worcester Greenstar 30Si in my Brothers house 3 years ago and it has thus far had a new PCB, new pump head, new pump manfold assy that decided to pin hole, and a new divertor valve motor.

i could not agree more HarrogateGas, if you get a good installer, let him get the boiler he know and likes and fit it on a clean system then that boiler will have every chances of doing well over the years.

had a Vokera when i was a kid in Scotland in our flat. then when we got a house my father fitted a Vokera. i have fitted a few Vokera Compact 29HE, they are a ok middle of the road boiler.

I am trying to find a problem on a non condensing Compact which locks out about 0-6 times a day when I am not there.

Part of the problem is that the lockout can be for any of the monitored functions.

Everything checks out OK but I am being turned into a parts changer on this one and I have already changed one part!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back