New Boiler Quote.

i have a remeha combi in my apartment in amsterdam ok its a studio flat nowt fancy but home when i work there.
its really quite in operation never heard such a quite boiler.decent shower flow,great heating has external sensor so i am getting one for my uk place.
only problem is my uk installer has not seen these boilers,so i have arranged for him and friend to stay at amsterdam studio to look at boiler.
think i have made a little mistake better attractions there rather than my boiler.

i am just a lay man i blame the drink.

Sponsored Links
Why not get Dan Robinson of Jennings Plumbing to do it for you?

He is on a diet of raw fish so he is very healthy and not likely to have any heart attack.

I was recently on my knees in front of a very old boiler when the owner told me that a previous engineer had died in the same spot of a heart attack about a year before!

Tony

Hi all,

Firstly, I am not one to criticise most folk, but, your installer is recommending a 29Kw boiler to feed 4 radiators! Do people not do a FULL survey on the correct sizing of boilers in houses :eek: If you get a 29Kw boiler installed in a four radiator house/flat you will be asking for trouble, way over-sized in my humble opinion...

As for which manufacturer, every installer has their own preference for a variety of reasons, suffice to say, I fit Broag Remaha boilers, the parent company Broag have the biggest share in the commercial sector in parts of europe approx 35%. They have a couple of years ago ventured into the domestic market. I have friends who live in Holland and Belgium and they are way ahead of us over there and Remaha are good boilers they have up to 10 yrs experience and R+D is better than ours...

They are compact and most parts that need replacing are "Dry," fitted so good to work on. I would go back to your installer and ask why he is fitting a 29Kw boiler, as that size goes into a 3/4 bedroomed terraced house with one bathroom and shower room. No doubt I shall be corrected by the more experienced and critical guys on here ;)

Combi boilers are chosen for their hot water performance.

Butr the disadvantage is that they only modulate down to about a third of the full power and 29 kW of heating modulates to about 9 kW to feed four rads needing about 4 kW.

So they inefficiently just cycle on/off rather inefficiently.

I once went to a 24 kW boiler in a one bed flat with just ONE rad!

Last week to a 24 kW with a four rad flat but the tenant had turned off three rads as she prefered to smoke her money away. She was about 24 stones with a massive belly, lived on SS and attended hospital a few times a week.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi folks,

There is a lot of sense in what you are saying with regards to an installer fitting the product they use/ trust, if someone is doing a job for you they have the right to suggest the product they think will work best for your set of circumstances.

I will consider all the help and advice you folks have been kind enough to give me before making a decision, it is very much appreciated.

We are lucky to have a forum to discuss these matters and share experiences which help us all in the end.
It is clear that there is a need for it as so many people seem to post similar problems.

Many thanks for now.

while Its very true that the main influence on wether or not the system runs trouble free is the installer, the company I work for fittec 1000's of vokras on a council contract over 7 yrs & like it or not tney have a lot more breakdowns within warranty period(nothing to do with system otherwise manufacturer will send u back) than vaillants, in fact an unacceptable amount, new linea HE's for example tend to go off in a storm, not good for the elderly, also they have a 10 sec delay between flow switch triggering & burner igniting(ie-turn tap on, ignition sequence begins, 10 secs until burner ignitesrun water out of pipes then finally hw), this is in the line HE training literature & vokera deny its a "fault" but in my eyes its not good, especially for thos on water meters.

I am trying to find a problem on a non condensing Compact which locks out about 0-6 times a day when I am not there.

Part of the problem is that the lockout can be for any of the monitored functions.

Everything checks out OK but I am being turned into a parts changer on this one and I have already changed one part!

Tony

I'd put money on the gas valve being at fault. Ive chenged a couple for very intermittant and no pattern lockout faults and its sorted it.

I am trying to find a problem on a non condensing Compact which locks out about 0-6 times a day when I am not there.

Part of the problem is that the lockout can be for any of the monitored functions.

Everything checks out OK but I am being turned into a parts changer on this one and I have already changed one part!

Tony

I'd put money on the gas valve being at fault. Ive chenged a couple for very intermittant and no pattern lockout faults and its sorted it.

thats a good call. ive done a few for that too. strangely it never seems to happen on lineas and its the same gas valve. :confused:

Hi Folks,

Just got an updated quote for my new combi boiler.
The quote is for a WB junior 28i , the installer has told me that it comes with a 5 year warranty.
Is it any good ? Would appreciate any help or assistance . I live in a 1 bed flat which has 4 radiators.

Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back