New Boiler too powerful??

After a system has been drained it can take several days for air to be driven to the top of the rads.

Once there it has little effect on operation.

Unless your water is obviously dirty I dont think you need it flushing.

Tony

Sponsored Links
After a system has been drained it can take several days for air to be driven to the top of the rads.

Once there it has little effect on operation.

Unless your water is obviously dirty I dont think you need it flushing.

Tony

I bled the high rad in the bathroom, at first black water came out then it ran clear after a few seconds.

OK wiring has been done and it no different as expected. Current thinking is its reversed circulation. Tested the pipes and Flow and return are reversed interms of temps. Being drained and changed next week.

Do you mean the flow and return at the boiler is reversed?

Thats a serious installer error!

How did they respond?

I do hope they are correcting it free.

Depending on how and why it could only be the pump needs reversing.

Tony

So just to get this straight...

Severely oversized Boiler installed with reverse circulation, pump not wired correctly (clearly in mi's), doesn't do flushes (every new boiler needs a flush of some sort), pumping over and rads not heating.

I don't think this was installed by a plumber at all.

Sponsored Links
I think the reserve condition was probably there before. Having bought this house and having various work done I am thinking its been thrown together as quick as poss, typical 1970's job.

Wiring is all done, sparky confirmed there aren't enough wires from each point-to-point and whoever had done it before hadn't routed enough from the control centre to the boiler. Again all pre-exsiting stuff.

I bled the highest rad in the system as its really filling up with air now. initial stuff is quite black that splutters out with air then it runs clear.

Right an update,

Plumber sorted the reversed issue and sparky hadn't quite got his wires right. So now we can whack the boiler right up without problems, so thanks for everyone who made helpful comments, I learnt a lot during the course of this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back