New Boiler - Warm Water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My parents have had to get a new boiler fitted last week, and my mum is concerned because when she is running the hot water tap, the water continues to run at hand-hot temperature - She rang the firm that fitted the boiler only to be told that the reason the water wasn't hot hot, is because in the winter, the water temp is cooler & therefore, doesn't get as hot!

I have checked the dials on the front of the boiler & the temp dial is as high as it goes for the water

Do you think someone should come back out & look at this problem?

Sponsored Links
Do you think someone should come back out & look at this problem?

Yes! they are talking nonsense. Incoming water temperature is currently about 10 degrees, the weediest combi correctly installed should give you 45 degrees at about 9 litres a minute.

Your water may be at 10*C in Burkina Faso but here in the cold UK in London the incoming water is only at about 4*C.

Better to tell the old bird to reduce the flow from the tap and see if the temperature gets hotter.

Tony

Sponsored Links
My water must be colder than that because it's still solid. Can't see it in the dark anyway so who cares when you can suck penguins dry?

Thanks for the info - It's a Baxi Combi Boiler

They have tried running the water slower, and yes, the temp is hotter, but, my mother loves baths & has a large corner bath which took around half an hour to fill last night!

With their last boiler (valant) there was never a problem with water temp, which just seems odd that there is now?

By the way, when the Valant first started playing up, my parents called 4 plumbers in total, all of whom didn't want to know as soon as they heard the name Valant, why is that?

May be that they are not familiar with the Vaillant brand of boiler,and therefore unable to diagnose and effect a correct repair.We install in excess of 250 Vaillant boilers each year.We receive excellent support from the manufacturer and also their field engineers.Anyway back to your original question,Baxi boilers are guaranteed for a minimum of twelve months from the installation date.As it does not appear that your installer is prepared to help you with your query,contact Heat-team,tel no. on your guarantee registration form,to arrange a call.This service is free of charge within the guarantee perod as long as the installer is corgi registered and installed the appliance to manufacturers instructions.Hope this is of help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back