New Boiler....

OP. id go for the viessmann personally.one thing though.bens right on the cdi being quieter.but personally not as good.

Sponsored Links
And the Avanta is about half the weight and size, twice as good and considerably cheaper. :LOL:

Well i've had a couple of quotes in, what do you guys think?

Both quotes include full flush, fit 3 TRVs and fit a Magnaclean Filter System.

Quote 1 = Vailant 831 and 5 year warranty (subject to yearly servicing) = £1630 inc VAT

Quote 2 = Worcester 30SI, Magnetic Inline scale inhibitor and 2 year warranty = £1830 inc VAT

I'm waitin for a couple more quotes, but think the top one is pretty good value (both would've quoted the same, but (1) was offering a free Magnaclean)
Also how much is a Scale inhibitor, and is it needed if a magnaclean filter system is fitted (we do have very hard water here)

Sponsored Links
Two different things.

The magnaclean is for the system water, and the scale reducer is for the domestic hot water.

so

Is the scale inhibitor needed then due to to the hardness of the water, and what would happen if it wasn't fitted?

so

Is the scale inhibitor needed then due to to the hardness of the water, and what would happen if it wasn't fitted?

In a hard water area well worth having, although personally I prefer the electric types, although the good ones are more expensive.

Look at www.hydropath.com HS38 should do.

Ideally you also need the magnaclean for the system water.

831 is a far superior boiler to the 30si.If you are going for a worcester it needs to be the cdi.

if you got a decent impression from the guy quoting for that 831 I'd rip his arm off. Thats very cheap.

btw. Vaillant MIs suggest scale protection isn't required, however, it wouldn't hurt, as they are not immune from scale build up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back