New c/h pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed some of our rads not heating up as quickly or as hot as they used to , all rads been cleaned out new valves over past year or so , was wondering people's advice and experience concerning fitting a new pump . Do you think it would help get hot water round the rads better and any recommendations for brands , models , current pump granfos but looking a bit tired ,,, thanks

Sponsored Links
It sounds as though you have a circulation problem and if you have flushed rads etc, it is most likely the pump. You could try to change the speed on you existing pump (little lever on top) or you may have an air lock or air in the pump ( need to take out middle of pump with large flat head screwdriver, but there will be some water!). If these fail it is likely it needs changing. Grundfos still good make but more expensive than some

It sounds as though you have a circulation problem and if you have flushed rads etc, it is most likely the pump. You could try to change the speed on you existing pump (little lever on top) or you may have an air lock or air in the pump ( need to take out middle of pump with large flat head screwdriver, but there will be some water!). If these fail it is likely it needs changing. Grundfos still good make but more expensive than some
hi pumps now running at full speed setting 3 , does look quite old as is boiler, I've pondered changing to new combi type but reading on here seems better to wait till my old one gives up the ghost .. Will look to change pump

I've noticed some of our rads not heating up as quickly or as hot as they used to. All rads been cleaned out new valves over past year or so
Were they balanced properly after the work? If not, some radiators will be getting more flow than others, thus creating the problem you describe. Click here if you are not sure how to do it.

Sponsored Links
More likely to just need balancing.

If the pump is easily isolated and removed you could take it apart (usually 4 little Allen key screws) and have a look at it.

Mine was part-blocked with lumps of solid rust - but that's pretty unusual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back