New Car Battery Plant

For example, my current AI development farm is based in Sweden, or Switzerland, I can't remember which right now, as they've got more of the services I'm using at the moment activated. My ability to train and run models isn't latency limited, it's how much it costs per server and per service.

Sponsored Links
They're expanding capacity and they need somewhere to put them. You space them out for redundancy reasons and if you improve latency a bit then that's nice.
Sort of pity that lots is needed due to multiple copies of social media postings all over a lot of the world. That is the main gain in latency. It applies in other areas as well. When users get to make use of what ever it is it's not handled by a single database but one usually nearby.

Sort of pity that lots is needed due to multiple copies of social media postings all over a lot of the world. That is the main gain in latency. It applies in other areas as well. When users get to make use of what ever it is it's not handled by a single database but one usually nearby.
You're thinking of Bitcoin mining and AI systems Social media is small in comparison.

"By comparison, the number of jobs at a typical data center can be anywhere between five and 30."
Lets be generous, and say it will be a few hundred. This is a a small benefit. Unless its something, such as call centre as well, or a HQ datacentre.

And lets not forget who is making the claim: Northumbria Council, who were taken in by a few chancers to build a giga factory.

It may employ many people to set up of course.
As said
Take it up with the BBC there complaints procedure is on line

Sponsored Links
It’s clear it’s an industry that you have zero experience or expertise in. It’s not something I can change with a few posts.

Meaningless claim from motorbiking.

Not the first time.

Have you worked with any of the above companies? Do you understand why they invest in the U.K. do you have any idea about how businesses use software beyond Microsoft office?

Last edited:
Have you worked with any of the above companies? Do you understand why they invest in the U.K. do you have any idea about how businesses use software beyond Microsoft office?

I wonder who motorbiking thinks he is talking to.

Sponsored Links
Back