new central heating system.flush idea

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ive fitted a new central heating system
all new pipes and rads

instead of buying a powerflush could i just put the filling loop on and just open the rad valves(without rads in place) to flush the system?

Sponsored Links
guess ill just have to rig up old pump fit all rads fill up with sentinal x300 run the pump with boiler off draindown fill up with x100

thought i could get away with a little less work by just running the watter out of the valves works for cold water

Sponsored Links
X300 should be circulated warm for 2-3 hours! If you lived near me you could have the X300 for £9.

Then drained out before refilling and adding X100.

But I like to do an intermediate fill to ensure all the X300 and any installation dirt is well washed out. But then I do rather tend to over do things.

Tony

seems weird to me that you would run the boiler which would pass all the **** through the heat exchanger

If it needs Powerflushing then do just that. Merely flushing cleaner through the system is temporary and the corrosion process will continue. Get a Powerflush mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back