power flushing...heat ex problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

ive booked a powerflush machine from a tool hire company so i can powerflush the system. ive no tank in the loft or nothin just a combi boiler.

im ok with doing the job i have some understanding as to how it should be done.
flush full system, close all rads but one flush rad open another rad close the prior rad and flush..so on and so on

what i dont know and what i do want to know about is cleaning the heat exchangers inparticular the secondary heat exchanger.
is there anything i have to do to ensure they are cleaned out, i presume the main heat ex would be clean during the flush as water will pass through it circulating the heating system..so what about the secondary heat ex

thanks
terry

Sponsored Links
I'd seriously recommend you unbook the powerflush. What you are planning to do, can indeed be done, but can also be done wrong and do more harm than good.
Hot acid, a working boiler, and a flushmachine doing things the boiler was not designed to do, can lead to serious damage.

you cant teach proper powerflushing on a forum, especially not cleaning out the boiler heat exchangers and especially not done properly. Diy powerflushing is imo a waste of money. It will never get done right. Your money would be better spent fitting a fernox TF1 (or similar) and sticking some x800 in for a week.

He is not strictly a DIYer!

He is working for customers on their boilers and syatems although not gas registered.

Reminds me of the odd job man who jacked up a neighbour's front porch and the next day realised he had concreted his lorry jack in !

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the muppet who powerflushed the system I worked on yesterday. Powerflush done, but still no heating of dhw. There is now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back