new CH system in 2 bed cottage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need a new CH system to be installed in my 2 bed cottage which will have one upstairs bathroom. Will a combi boiler be sufficient for this (bearing in mind that i would like a decent power to the shower) and what kind of output should i be shopping around for (BTUs?) and make of boiler?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would search for a heat loss calculator on the net, enter your measurements etc. This will give you some idea about BTU requirement from the heating side. Not sure about the HW though. I think Kermi do a good free calculator.

BTU requirement will vary depending upon the construction of the cottage. As the owner, you will have a better idea than us ;)

For the ho water you need minimum 28kw and get the installer to range rate the heating side of the boiler appropriate to your small dwelling..

Sponsored Links
Agreed as long as your mains is good flow and pressure. Combi should be fine if there are only a couple of people and no. 2 remembers not to turn a tap on while no. 1 is in the shower :LOL:

Which combi - a bit of a lottery as they're mostly quite new just now. Ideal Isar is small and seems to be a stable product now. Otherwise most would say Vaillant, WorcesterBosch, councils are using Potterton/Baxi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back