New CH System - not happy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If any of you could help me I would be really chuffed.

I've recently had a new central heating system installed and I have a few concerns with it.

The boiler is a Worcester Heatslave 15/19 (oil fired), fitted in the garage with a vertical flue.

My 2 main concerns are:

1) The boiler fitted isnt up to the job - (I live in a 4 bed house with 2 bathrooms). I'm thinking this as now we are having to use the CH the H/W in either of the bathrooms goes cold after a couple of mins. Its as if it uses the stored water in the boiler then once that has gone we have to wait for the boiler to heat the water back up then we can continue to run the bath / shower. We never had this problem during the warmer months.

2) We are getting quite a lot of condensation (I'm assuming it's condensation as the gauge in the boiler is not going down). So much that every morning I am greeted with a fairly big puddle at the base of the boiler. The fitter said that it was probably due to the vertical flue which needed lagging (this has now been done) but we are still having this problem.

If anyone can give me any advice or pointers I would be very happy as I've spent a lot of money having this fitted and I am now in a situation where the fitter is blaming the boiler people and vice versa.

Sponsored Links
Dont know much about Oil Fired Boilers but it sounds like either a fault with the boiler or system not installed properly. I know you are being fobbed off by no one taking resposibility but i would do the following:

Telephone worceter and tell them the fitter told you the boiler was faulty, so can they come and check it (under the gaurentee).

Call another Plumber and get a second opinion. (will cost but you will get a better indication of the problem).

Phone Consumer Rights (or use this as a threat) and find out what your rights are.This usually gets one of the parties involved to do something.

As a final resort, go to your MP, tell him your problem and use a bit of emotional blackmail ( new system, onset of winter, old/kids in the house ect.)

Hope this helps.
Godry13

p.s If the BTU output on the boiler is 100K or over it should be more than enough for your purpose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back