New close coupled toilet

CSP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have fitted a few of these in my time, but this one is giving me a real headache.

When it's flushed water pours out of the join between the pan and the cistern, now I've had this before and usually with a bit of fettling they seal, but in this case I can't get it to, despite at least a dozen attempts at dismantling/refitting.

I have tried the original foam type seal, done the nuts up tight, and not so tight, I've even bought a rubber seal and done the same, but whatever I try the water still pours out the join.

I can see no reason on either the pan or the cistern as to why they should not seal.

Anyone else had this problem, or come up with an easy way to get these things to seel.

It's a B&Q "Barcelona" WC, with SIAMP Monaco dual flush valve.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
i would say your answer is in your question.
b & q i've never had so much trouble with their stuff in the past from toilet soil connectors not fitting to air line cracks in the cast that leak.
but any other make not a problem. try checking the bottom of the cistern and pan for flatness.

Apologies for the delay but wanted some news first.

Thanks for your response, as someone else had also had problems and I still could not find anything obvious that was causing this problem I felt more confident in taking the thing back.

New one sealed first time - no bother! There must have been something wrong but I couldn't see it.

Sponsored Links
could have been a slight blockage on the pan inlet/outlet due to bad casting forcing water backup, or an airline crack.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back