Country
United Kingdom
I had a new Remeha combi boiler fitted last week. Everything
is fine with hot water and heating except now the Aqualisa thermostatic
shower valve only runs warm even when set to max temperature
(whereas the hot water taps give piping hot water). Something
else to note (which may not be related) is that it is now very difficult
to turn the handle of the shower to the On position. Combi pressure set
to 1 bar and pressure of hot and cold is even from the taps.

Before the combi I had a gravity fed system with pumped supply
of hot and cold from tanks. Shower gave piping hot water then,
although admittedly I would always turn it to max temperature

Any ideas on the cause of this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ben

Sponsored Links
I had one of these on an installation, had to put pressure reducers on both hot and cold feed pipes to it. Bit of fiddling about but it got there in the end. I don`t think they cope well with higher pressures from the combi and mains cold feeds.

Sponsored Links
Paul,

This isn't any old Remeha - its a Remeha Avanta Plus !

....seriously though, my mistake, I have checked the docits
and its made by Broag. Dutch?

Dutch? Congratulations that would be a great boiler, especially if the heat exchanger has Nefit writen on it.

Oh, just had a look, not a Nefit, it's a Giannoni. Never mind, but Dutch is still impressive. Would have to be a very good company to survive at all in the same country as Nefit.

Had the remeha sales rep roung at Hargreaves in Halifax last week and he said that they were the first to make condensing boilers and that the one he was plugging (avanti plus) is a 3rd generation model. The Dutch apparently had em before the Germans. Its the easiest boiler i've ever seen to get into. 2 screws. It looks like an excellent design, everything is easily accessible, even the expansion tank is at the side as opposed to being at the back like on most boilers. The next easiest for me is the Worcester 24i (4 screws). We've just put one in at a house in Halifax. We'll see how it goes, but they ain't cheap, i think it was £550 but it needed a flue extension kit and a pump to get the condensate to outside as the only place to put it is in a cellar where the old Potterton Kingfisher CF60 was. The pump was £75 and god only knows what the flue cost?

i fit 1 yesterday if fact im going back today to finish the job off. Just having probs at the moment with it. I think i havn't got it set up properly or a ive plugged the clock in wrong. I can't get hot water whent he heating is on. Although once the heating is switched off i can get hot water fine (priority CH instead og DHW). Probably something and nothing but ill sort it today.

Broag are a good company. They have been making commercial boilers for years and also domestic as well. I was told by the sales manager that it is there 7th generation condensing combi. So not sure who is lying. They reckon they have less than a 2% failure rate on them too. We will have to wait and see about that.

overall they look a good little boiler for the money. 550 +VAT. Cheaper than most decent boilers. Also they do a 39kw version that is the same compact size and gives 17litres a min DHW flow rate. Pretty impressive. Mine you its another £250+vat on top.

It's very quiet when running too and it modulates from 6 to 24kw. Very impressive. i might have got the 3rd gen bit stuff wrong. It was at least 3rd but it could have been more. I was more interested in getting a free bacon butty from him to tell the truth but like i said, everything looks remarkably easy to get at and that alone is enough for me.

anyway i sorted my problem out with the 1 i installed. I wired the clock slightly wrong :oops: . So that when the clock switched off it sent power for the heating to come on. Anyway easy sorted out.

I was taking to rep again yesterday at a butty morning with broag and he said it was defo 7th generation.

I must admit i'm very impressed with the boiler. For the money i can't see a better all round boiler. Very light , very small, good hot water delivery and modulate lower than most boilers, look quite simple to repair and work on. Just seem a good little boiler. Think i will be fitting quite a few more. Just need to see how reliable they are now. The rep told me less than 2% break down at the moment. We will have to see how reliable they are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back