New Condensing Boiler - Lower Central Heating Temperature

Please calm down everyone!

If you read my earlier response you will see that I have taken all of your useful advice and have turned the TRV's to their maximum.

The room is warm but not as warm as I would have expected i.e 23 degrees at present whereas the main thermostat is set to a maximum of 26 degrees.

I am now turning the Boiler Stat to maximum to see if this levels things up.

Sponsored Links
If they are all roughly the same temp in the house, then its the boiler stat too low. If some are raging hot, others cool , it needs to be balanced :D

Sponsored Links
Thank you Gasman77. I will wait now to see how turning up the Boiler stat effects things.

The main thermostat, a Drayton RF wireless type. is in the entrance hall.

Because you have a thermostat fitted you need to turn your boiler thermostat to max. Let the Drayton control the temp.

Then try turning your trv's to max.

Andy.

Thank you Gasman77 & landyandy. I believe you are both correct as I am beginning to see a result. Things are beginning to heat up around here.

It's disappointing that the installer didn't make this clear when he fitted the system.

Another satisfied customer. Now if you could post your address so I can send you my invoice .......... :D

Have you checked the rads for cold spots along the bottom, especially equidistant from the valves?
Did the installer flush the system properly?
Can you measure the temperature of the rads?

I bleed them regularly and ensure that the boiler pressure is maintained at 1.5bar pressure.

Why do you need to bleed the radiators?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back