New consumer unit? Hope it's not Wylex, Crabtree or Volex

I raised the question of MCB testing a while back I don't recall on which forum as a result I got a reply about current injection kit it's about the size of a small garden shed
M
Don't see why - an MCB should trip at 12V just the same as at 230V - for the short current durations involved it ought to be possible to make a luggable device powered by a few SLA batteries..

Sponsored Links
Can't be rsed to follow the link to the actual recall notice - is the fault a definite one, or just that ones in certain batches might be faulty?

RF's testing might show nothing wrong.

Sponsored Links
I raised the question of MCB testing a while back I don't recall on which forum as a result I got a reply about current injection kit it's about the size of a small garden shed
M
Don't see why - an MCB should trip at 12V just the same as at 230V - for the short current durations involved it ought to be possible to make a luggable device powered by a few SLA batteries..

Don't forget it needs to be AC

seems sector and Newey ones are affected too, and subject to certain conditions, we get paid £75 per installation to check them ourselves, I feel a week of checking my own jobs coming on :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links