New Cooker Wiring & Fuse size

Sponsored Links
JohnD here's the pic's (a bit fuzzy sorry) . . .
Box-4.jpg

Box-3.jpg

Box-2.jpg
[/img]
thanks

The contents of your meter box look pretty good, although you need some garlic butter for the snails.

You still have the timer for the night storage CU, presumably this has been changed to "always on" or do you still use off-peak? If you are on an off-peak tariff there is probably an additional standing charge on your bill.

I am a bit surprised they didn't give you PME, you seem have an earth clamp to the cable sheath. Does it look like a very old cable where they have put a new termination on the top?

although both fuse boards are always on we have cheap rate at night
so i expect that we do pay a standing charge for this, we use it for dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer (on timers).
not sure about age of cable, we've been in the house 23 years and to my knowledge the cable has never been replaced during this time,
i'm a bit concerned that the cable doesn't (to my untrained eyes anyway) look very substantial and hence presumably the main fuse,
certainly not man enough to run two 60 fuse boxes,
or is my little and dangerous knowledge leading me to bark up the wrong tree? :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back