new en suite electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i've just had an ensuite built in my bedroom, i realise i will need to install low voltage lights but do i need a low voltage extractor fan as well? or is 240v ok? and how do i wire it all up to come on with an external light switch. any help greatly appreciated.

regards...........steve

Sponsored Links
mountainjedi said:
i realise i will need to install low voltage lights
why?
mountainjedi said:
do i need a low voltage extractor fan as well
not neccesarily
mountainjedi said:
and how do i wire it all up to come on with an external light switch
if you dont know this you shouldnt be attempting this work. No offence intended.

Thanks for the useful information!, i want to do this myself as i want to learn a little bit about electrics.However want the right advice before i do.

Sponsored Links
read up on bathroom zones (see for reference) to see if you need low voltage accessories. Then read up on lighting circuits and fan wiring, also in for reference, and you should have all the info you needs.

There are several ways to wire fans and lights together, and several ways to wire switches, im not going to start discussing them here. For reference should have all the info you need. good luck!

Are you aware of part p of the building regs? search the forums here, there is soooo much written about it but it is the law and affects the work you are doing in that it should be notifiable to building control, but you have already done that before you started the en-suite . . . havent you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back