New flat - can't have a shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I'm a newbie!

I woud imagine that this question has been asked before but there were extra bits of info I wanted to include that may alter the outcome!

Basically, I have just bought a grounf floor flat, (1930s build I think) it has a combi boiler in the kitchen. We turned this off, and drained the system to do some plumbing work and electrics. It is back on now and I have hot water in the both the sink and bath in the bathroom but the shower barely dribbles hot water. It will pump out the cold quite well, so I don't think it is a shower head blockage. It's a standard mixer shower, not electric.

I am desperate to get it working- any ideas?

(also, i have to run the hot water taps for about 3mins before i get hot water)

HELP!!

Clusters

Sponsored Links
I don't know, will have to check tonight when I get home. I'm not too clued up on boilers I'm afraid

Right, the bar pressure is 0 which would explain a lot. We are currently waiting for a radiator to be put back on the wall (as it has been moved) The pipes to it are not leaking but I wondered if this could make the pressure drop?

How would I get that pressure back up?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back