Votes: 13 32.5%
  • No. I'm brain dead.

Votes: 27 67.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think the last poll got a bit distorted as people thought they were only voting for a poetry forum. I reckon if people voted again they might vote differently so we'll try it.

The new forum would replace one of the DIYProject/Disasters forums which would be combined.

The new one could be split into four categories:

Hobbies: such as guitar playing/building. Hiking. Cycling or any other pastime.

Art and music: Artists/painting etc. Album reviews, You Tube clips and stuff

Literature: All about books. Reviews, recommendations etc. Poetry and stuff like that.

Media: Films, TV shows, theatre. recommendations and reviews.

So have another vote and get it right this time. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I don't know why but I can't get the name jerry mander out of my head

Governor Gerry? I guess you are Brain-dead Eddie then eh?

Sponsored Links
Well what does GD have to do with DIY? Argue and taunt? Where's the DIY there?

So the options are:

would you use the new forum?

Yes. I'm brain dead.
No. Of course not

Whatever John. Most of the no votes are simply spoilers anyway. I bet that even you have a hobby.

Even in GD where most of the trolls live - the vote is still that half of the residents would use it. Extrapolate that across the other forums and you have a very large number of people that would use it. Isn't that what advertisers want? Don't they want numbers of views? I don't know why Admin is procrastinating.

Better still, shut down GD altogether and go for a more friendly, family oriented forum.
We don't really need GD.

merlin50 said:
i thought this forum was about DIY

Yes it is, but hobbies are things you do yourself. Judging by the number of books available, cookery is the second most popular pastime with gardening a close third. Then there's fishing, cycling, model making, basket weaving, -- I could go on but you get the idea. :) :) :)

joe-90 said:
The new one could be split into four categories:

I'm thinking that four categories might be too many, at least until we find out how much interest there's going to be. I would start with two at most: one for practical stuff and the other for music, art, literature, film, etc. :idea: :idea: :idea:

? I don't know why Admin is procrastinating.
In what way is admin procrastinating? The majority of people didn't want a new forum. Even if the result had been in favour what fallicious arguments did admin offer up for not setting up a new forum? Maybe you should accept its not wanted.

There is also an issue of Branding and Niche Marketing.

Is DIYnot a DIY website?

Or is it a Basketweaving, Trombone-playing and Watercolouring website?

What about GD? Is it Prime Minister's questions, racist abuse and general nob head's forum? Why not scrap it altogether? It's got nothing to do with DIY - whereas hobbies often overlap. Wood turning for example. No-one is forcing dullards like EddieM anywhere near the new forum. We'd be very happy that he steers well away from it. The reality is - that he already posts in the book section of word games. What a silly little hypocrite EddieM is. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back