New ground floor toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a small downstairs toilet & basin built. I have arranged for a builder to build a new brick 'shell' at the front of house.
Includes every thing except internal plumbing, electrics, tiling and plastering.
My plan was for him to bring the wc pipe up through the new concrete floor from a new inspection chamber in the garden., and locate the wc elbow straight onto the rising foul pipe.
He says it's best to bring the pipe up outside the brickwall and run thro' the wall straight into the wc coupling.
The new floor will be solid concrete also meeting all the new regs.
Anybody had any experience of locating new wc pipes accurately, it could be a problem if he gets the big pipe in slightly the wrong place, and it's my job to install the new toilet etc.
Gordon :?: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like he's just being lazy, as long as you know where the toilet's going it shouldn't be a problem.

a close coupled toilet, using a standard 90 deg' pan connector, will require the soil waste pipe to finish about 30mm from finished plaster.
this also translates to 55mm from bare masonry (allowing 25mm for plastering).

this is, if your builder decides to get his act together and bring it up through the floor, of course. ;)

there is nothing wrong with having an external stub stack, but they are unnecessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back