NEW GUTTERING BUT INTERIOR WATER PENETRATION. PLS HELP

Hi can I just ask you...what exactly would warrant the laying of roof felt?...What type of problems might i be experienceing for this to be a recommended course of action? I am going to get the roofer back to check the fall etc of the guttering, but if he is insistant that the problem is it needs felting, then I'd like to be a little more knowledgeable as to when felting is necessary.

What does felt have to do with it? It's the gutter overflowing. :confused:

Sponsored Links
In the early years, there're still many properties without roofing felt which is a advantage for good loft ventilation, the idea of roofing felt is, if there a broken roof tiles then rain enter onto the roofing felt straight out to the gutter protecting the roof rafters and internal building but you would never know if the roof is leaking. They also do a roof tiles vent for ventilation above the roofing felt but I would say it's not as good ventilation as without roofing felt

As Joe says, roofing felt got nothing to do with gutter overflowing unless the roofer meant re-felting the gutter lining?

unless the roofer meant re-felting the gutter lining?
Must be that :idea: It`s a Northern gutter detail that I`m not familiar with - being a soft southerner - but the gutter appears to lay on a dentil course of brick - so the terrace aint gonna have much of a fall on the gutter ;)

Sponsored Links
If he has been paid £400 then the gutter should perform what ever style it is, its a small terraced house. I have seen lots of different styles around lancashire including lead linned wooden troughs and they still have nothing to do with felt. I think he is saying he can correct his error if she agree's to have the roof done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back