New Hemlock staircASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are building a new house the staircase has just gone in, can anybody tell me what is the best thing to use on the Hemlock to retain its colour and protect it longterm. Somebody suggested danish oil but It sounds like it would need regular treatment, I want a rerally natural look not shiney but smooth and natural. thank you all you experts in anticipation.....

Thank you everybody for your help it lookd like osmo will be the contender I'll let you all know how I get on.

Sponsored Links
u can coat with a flat varnish oil based ,,and apply few coats ,,rub down between coats and use a tagrag ... after last coat u can rub down with steel wool and tag rag again

Sponsored Links
The best finish ever is Tru-oil. It's used on gun stocks and in my case - guitar bodies. Get a small bottle and try it - I doubt you'll regret it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back