new house-dunno how to use boiler help pretty please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i have a worchester bosch group 25si boiler, the pressure is too high do i need to bleed the radiators will this reduce the pressure?

also the hot water take ages to comeon and when it does it goes from boiling hot to cold to warm to cole to boiling etc, it fluctuates every few minutes? does my boiler need a service?

this is my first home so have no idea who to ring etc, i dont know when the boiler was fitted but when i looked at the online manuals they say they are from 2002

can anyone help a damsel in boilery dsitress please :D

Sponsored Links
think with the si its the one without the divertor valve could be sludged heat ex, hot water sensor etc.would recomend a decent rgi to give a good diagnostic to the prob.if you do get someone let them know its faulty, dont say it needs a service then tell em its faulty when they turn up.a service doesnt mean it will fix a problem.

thank you for your reply

what does sludged heat ex mean?.

do i call someone out of the yellow pages? i wanted to get boiler cover but its already faulty, i dont want to get too ripped off with cal out charges?

so worried now :( we have almost no money and havnt even payed our first morgage payment yet

thank again :D

Sponsored Links
thank you i think mine is the oldest (boo)

i got a manual here so lookig through see if it mentions what would make the water fluctuate so much as it can tae ages just to run the washing up, will have to ring round now i think :( my fella wont be pleased he doesnt like to fix things until they have packed up altogether

id like to say hot water sensor .dont know what the waters like there but scaled heat ex would cause this prob.

thank you, i sound so useless, but in my defense i made my own fully operational garden gate today AND fixed a leaky pipe :D

thank you everyone

oh i see, do i need aproffeshional to clear the scale out or can i attemp it, or is it more likely parts will need replacing/.

in all just get some one out. like bengasman has said ask locals for a decent heating eng they have used who works on boilers.

my neighbour are fab so iw ill ask them thank you everyone

im off to a different forum, need some plastering advice will knock on the neighbours tomorrow and annoy them all till i find a boiler man :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back