New House - Heatline S30 pressure dropping 5 x daily

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, Just joined this site but I am hoping you may be able to help or at least give us some advise. We just bought our first house with a Heatline S30 compact boiler. Yeah I know...since doing some research about this boiler we realise it is a budget boiler that has many many faults. The problem we are having is we moved in a month ago (house had been empty since Feb) the boiler worked fine for 2 and half weeks but then one morning we woke up and realised the heating had not yet come on, when we went to investigate we the low bar light was flashing and the pressure was under 1 bar. I remember when the owner came and dropped the keys off he told me occasionally (as in every few months) you may need to top up the pressure using the tap underneath and refill to 1.5 bar. So we did that and it worked. Ever since then it then started dropping once a day..then 2 x ,now about 5 x a day. We have had all the carpets up around the house, checked all the radiators for leaks, looked outside for any leaks from the boiler but nothing. It seems to be mainly when you try and use the hot water - it then drops extremely quickly. We had a plumber come and take a look on christmas eve and as soon as he saw it was a heatline he said it is the boiler and didn't recommend we spend a penny on repairing it just change the boiler - He didn't seem like he was trying to rip us off as he did not even charge us for coming over....he said it could be something to do with plates inside that the water is leaking from one side to the other rather than there be a leak in the house. It is now taking longer and longer to get hot water to the shower or taps and when we turn the shower on sometimes the boiler does not even recognise it and doesn't fire up, but othertimes it is fine........We know we will need to get a new boiler eventually but we are expecting a baby in 2 months time, just bought our 1st house, just had christmas and really could do with getting this fixed for now and saving up and buying a new one for next winter. Any help greatly appreciated. Also makes and prices of new boilers please (4 bedroom house, 1 ensuite with shower off combi, 1 shower elec and 1 bath in house) Please help M and S

Sponsored Links
sounds like the ch water is passing into the hot water when the diverter valve is opened for hot water. could be heat exchanger if it has a single one for both hw/ch. personally i would beg borrow and steal to get rid of the thing, and get a broag remeha 35c for your house, five yr warranty and a good boiler but are around the £850 area in price.well worth it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back