New Intergas HReco 36

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps

I posted yesterday asking about the Intergas HRE 36/30 vs Atag A325EC or a Vaillant Ecotec 837 lol
List could go on... anyway Atag was recommended due to its efficiency, but then I stumble across the New Intergas HREco 36, same water delivery 15lm, Intergas tell me its extremely efficient, anyone fitted one yet?

More importantly whats the How Water performance like, Intergas told me that you should use a non magnetic limescale reducer, Combimate got the nod from them if you can't be bothered to keep topping up with salt in a softener. I've done the water softener in my last house and I struggled to keep on top of topping up with salt tabs so do you guys think the Combimate with Siliphos replaced every year would work fine aswell?

Sponsored Links
First hand experience of both intergas (intergash) and atag (atcrap) is that they're both small independent importers and re badgers and aren't much cop....but then I'm a staunch Vaillant man.

I have a 100% fail rate of both those boilers having faults out of the box!

To be fair your last intergas only had a stuck pump from storage. Hardly a failure. ;)

God knows what you did to the f first one :LOL:

OP... combimates are fine.

To be fair your last intergas only had a stuck pump from storage. Hardly a failure. ;)

God knows what you did to the f first one :LOL:

OP... combimates are fine.

Ah Dan,

Forgot to call you today about a quote, you said not after 5pm so buzz you in the morning , did you say next appointment is 22nd?
Oh have you put a HReco in yet?

Sponsored Links
Been looking in manual for intergas HE but I'm confused, How does intergas boiler work without divider valve or plate heatexchanger?
It saying the DHW heat exchanger is inside chamber that got heat exchanger for heating, if the heating is on and the burner is on, would it overheat DHW exchanger if HW is not running? Or am I wrong?

Daniel.

Been looking in manual for intergas HE but I'm confused, How does intergas boiler work without divider valve or plate heatexchanger?
It saying the DHW heat exchanger is inside chamber that got heat exchanger for heating, if the heating is on and the burner is on, would it overheat DHW exchanger if HW is not running? Or am I wrong?

Daniel.

When you turn a tap on, the heating pump stops spinning.

This is what I was referring to in the other post about proper heating control set up. Without weather compensation and left as it comes form the factory, the hot water can come out in a very hot slug in the winter.

No sensible Intergas installer would leave it like that though - especially in your area.

No worries about the call - 22nd still has the last appointment of the day free now.

When you turn a tap on, the heating pump stops spinning.

So, it's a bit like a water heater, but with a extra exchanger and a pump for heating. Would it be like a DHW exchanger inside heating exchanger, so when DHW is on, burner come on heating DHW via heating exchanger without the pump running, that's what I think how it work.

Daniel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back