New kitchen - PCV or copper for all plumbing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
ok, i'm a non-pro diyer, but have done plenty.
New kitchen going in soon, after all prep work.
I need to re-do all the piping from where the mains enters the kitchen. It need to feed the sink mixer taps, dishwasher, washing machine, tee off to an outside tap (through the wall obviously) and also the fridge/freezer.
I've done a diagram of how it will all work and shouldn't be an issue.

So, PVC is much cheaper than copper at the moment (i think).
Do the PVC isolators have a reduced bore and would this impede supplying a full size dishwasher and washing machine. (some wm's have water pressure sensors don't they?).
If not, then i think PVC may be the way to go for the whole job. No point mixing and matching. Plus the isolators have turnable taps (not slotted screwheads that are fiddly)
Also, is there a discernible difference between the white pcv stuff and the grey? I've learned from experience :rolleyes: not to mix the two, unless you have the correct inserts for each (metal for grey, white plastic for white).

Thanks for any advice offered.

Sponsored Links
The reduced bore will only affect the flow rate not the pressure, so if it's off the mains supply will be fine for a dishwasher. Plastic is tailor-made for DIY but the grey eg Hep2o, Marley or Polyplumb if anything were marketed as the 'more pro-brands'. However the new Hep is white.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back