New Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to be getting a new kitchen but when I went to B & Q for the quote they told me the electrics in my kitchen would need re-wiring. They also mentioned I need a new fuse box and a RCD. Is that correct that I would need both a new fuse box and a RCD? Also around about how much should this short of work cost? (4 double sockets, 1 cooker switch, 1 light switch)

Sponsored Links
thats another wylex split loader and socket pack off the shelf then :D

seriously mate,get a sparks in to look at it.

we need lots more info from you on this really,any chance of a pic of your existing CU?
is the gas and water bonded?main earth a suitable size?

what did they base there descision to rewire on,what factors did they take into consideration?

cant see it cant quote it btw.

that said,anywhere between a monkey and a grand,more sometimes,depends what defects are found during the PIR which is required upfront,to make sure it will get through the EIC at the end,if you get my drift.

if you want full compliance(you do,you really do)then there is an awful lot of work involved,which honestly,i dont think a diy shed will be able to handle

is there no spare way in the CU,to get an rcbo into,or are you still stuck with a board full of 3036s?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back