New Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

Planning a new kitchen, can one have the oven/microwave stuff over a washing machine or dryer, (which is on the floor obviously) the hob to be located elsewhere?

Looking through the brochures, I see ovens with a closed floor unit at the bottom. Any comments please.
Alan

Sponsored Links
Do you mean microwave on worktop above washing machine? Not really a problem. If you mean an intergrated oven, that wouldnt be a good idea or wouldnt be easy to do. Freestanding washing machines are usually around 600mm wide, meaning you really need to leave some wiggle room space to get washing machine in and out. Intergrated ovens fit a 600mm wide housing. So it would need to be a smaller W/M. Also F/S washing machines will usually stick out a bit past worktop with the pipework behind it. Standard depth of units are around 570mm (give or take..) Not the most practical. Will look ugly as **** too. Unless u get intergraded W/M. But could be difficult to get a tall unit that will make this work, unless its custom made. Its been a while since i done kitchen design, but have never seen this done, because its just not a good idea ergonimically. Reason W/Ms are near sinks is they need water and its easier. It also just makes more sense to have them there from a practical point.

Last edited:
Done all my enquiries and taken your advice, thank you

Alan

Sponsored Links
My dryer is below my integrated double oven which is then next to my built in washer... no issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back