New meter - isolation switch?

Spoke to the DNO yesterday, they were only planning on fitting a newer analogue meter as I'm not in the area they are trialling smartmeters (yay).

And they will also fit one with an inbuilt isolation switch so the tails can be changed.

First I have to clear out the cellar though to remove the crap that's in the way, something I have been meaning to do but keep putting off - now I "have" to do it at least I'll be able to get the CU changed afterwards (something else that's been planned but put off for years due to the above).

Sponsored Links
New meter plus 2 blocks fitted.

Now a master plan to replace the back board with a larger one covering the existing one (and having substantial cutouts for the meter etc) is being devised so that a new CU can be fitted.

Yay.... It's only taken 7 years to get around to this, maybe another year or so before it actually happens lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back