New PCB - could it be faulty?

it wasnt realy a lock out the boiler just seemed to lose power for a split second then worked again , maybe it was my electric !

Sponsored Links
a plumber would charge around £200-£300 to change a pcb , and british gas cover is worth it if your boiler brakes down a lot lol

The boiler wasnt working :cry: , and the fan light was lit up . I asked the bloke in the plumbing shop and he says it must be 1 of 3 things fan , air pressure switch or pcb . I tried the pcb first because he says it was most likely and luckly it worked

Sponsored Links
Most guys i know would charge the price of the part plus around 50/60 quid to fit it so it would be around £130/£140 .

Most guys i know would charge the price of the part plus around 50/60 quid to fit it so it would be around £130/£140 .

We would charge £84 plus about £94 for the part, total £178. But then we are in London. Parking extra too!

But that definately INCLUDES resetting the gas valve min/max and the CH max power!

Tony

each to there own,never have to pay for parking and every job within a ten min max drive of my house. Majority of parts are a phone call away and get delivered either to my house or they give me a call and drop it off to where i am working.
And like yourself i believe diagnosis should be part of the job and not charged extra for

part costs 69 quid plus vat so 81 quid which i don`t pretend to customer that it costs extra .
And boiler would be left to manufacturers recommended settings which if it was installed correctly in first place will not need altering.

Now tell me Agile how do YOU set themax ch output on a 105e and in what way is that different from setting gas valve max pressure/

All of which including first visit would take less than an hour

namsag is it true i could have a faulty fan that could of blown my pcb ? ( everything is working ok now ) . i wish the plumbers were as honest as you in newcastle lol

Firstly don`t call me a plumber that is a gasman after a lobotomy. :LOL: ;) (Waits for reaction)

Experience of this boiler and majority of its faults i would say 90 percent certain that your fan did not cause the board to go
.If it was a faulty fan causing it, it would have took the board out again by now as it is on and off prob a hundred times over a 24 hour period.
And would usually take the 2amp fuse out which is there to protect the board from pump and fan failure.
Also once more don`t worry about the gas pressures as you will not have altered these .

Still waiting for Agile to tell me how he sets max CH output on these

Re 105E CH settings, I think its the P4 pot on the PCB although thats not fitted to every version of those PCBs on that range of boilers. Its shown as present on drawing of the PCB in the 105E MI but not refered to in the text. ( See below )

By the way, I once had a problem getting the correct PCB for a Main boiler. Baxi tech help had no proper info. Eventually referred to a senior staff engineer by someone at a show.

It also turned out that the pictures of the PCBs used in the various MI are NOT actual pictures of the correct PCB, just library pictures of "similar" PCBs.

There are three versions of the PCBs I have seen:-

All four pots fitted!
P1, P2 and P4 fitted!
Only P1 and P2 fitted.

Tony

Exactly it is not in the manufacturers instructions (or possible to do on some boards) and therefore not for alteration and is preset by manufacturerers design etc and providing gas pressure etc etc is set up right then it is achieved.
You spoil alot of your good fault finding help on here by trying to look to clever sometimes and by trying to make the OP s /people they have had out look silly and it just back fires on you

Where an adjustment is provided I always set it even if its not mentioned in the MI. That ensures the boiler will operate most effectively in the usual context I encounter in London of a 24kW or larger boiler in a very small flat. I agree that in a three bed semi its of little consequence.

The unfortunate fact is that even when a max CH adjustment is provided and instructions given for setting it hardly anyone ever adjusts it during installation.

Many manufacturer's dont mention setting it because their experience of some overactive installers is that they just cause additional problems by wrongly setting it.

Tony

gashogg does your baxi fan make a sound like its pulseing ( like the sounds coming in waves ) ?

yes it does. when the fan and burners are on the sound seems to come in waves , is this bad ?

I dont know lol but my boiler makes the same noise lol , maybe we both need new fans :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back