New PCB - could it be faulty?

hi namsag i had the same glitch again the boiler heating up everything cuts out for 2 seconds then works again then ok for rest of day , should i reset it ? maybe the board was faulty or could the wind do this ?

Sponsored Links
You only have to reset it if it goes off completly and wont work at all.. wind should not affect it at all unless it was full on and very strong and caught it just right.

so do you think its best to just leave it and see what happens ? , its only the second time ive seen it happen . could it be the timer ?

Sponsored Links
Relay is controlled by the PCB, not the other way round. Also a relay may carry out a number of tasks which a PCB can be made to do but it would end up a lot more complex and expensive.

Often PCBs are quite reliable. It happens to be one component that seems to be replaced quite randomly. Recall going to a boiler a few months ago that I could not repair. My parting words to the owner were "PCB is OK, so it does not need replacing". What did the next guy want to do? Replace the PCB he did which made no difference. Need less to say the owner said "I told you so" and only paid for the callout and not the PCB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back