new problem my worcester 240 combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a plumber round to fit a pressure relief valve as water was escaping but it has not work every time i put heating on water comes out of blow off valve prv

help any answers too what it can be

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Recharge the air in the red expansion vessel to 1bar with all the water drained out of the radiators....if the footpump tube starts filling with water when you pump the air in you will need to replace the expansion vessel.

Slow down ollski.Lets go through the diagnostic phase first. P.S. you will never make lots of money rushing like that. :LOL: :LOL:

fitz1 said:
Slow down ollski.Lets go through the diagnostic phase first. P.S. you will never make lots of money rushing like that. :LOL: :LOL:

70 minutes a job mate, no time to farta*** around...its only blowing when the heatings on it wont be the dhw heat exchanger or a passing filling loop.

Work for yourself mate .Its like being on paid holidays.CHILLED.P.S. As long as ur not greedy that is.Oh and dont need to pay a mortgage. :D

ollski said:
Recharge the air in the red expansion vessel to 1bar with all the water drained out of the radiators....if the footpump tube starts filling with water when you pump the air in you will need to replace the expansion vessel.

Cheers someone else told me it could be this but how do i recharge the air in the red expansion vessel

Find the valve on it first - looks like a car tyre valve. You have to release water pressure from the system and allow several pints to come out of the system when the PV is being pumped up. If you do a search you'll find more.

In your case you can get the press rel valve to stay open to lose the water through that, cos you'll have to fit a new one anyway. Once leaked, they always will leak.

Newbie asking a question Alert!......... Newbie asking a question Alert!...... cue witty putdowns, & general backslapping all around. :eek: :eek: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back