New radiator on 15mm pipes forked from 22mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive read a few posts about this and it seems mixed so im just reaching out to see, drawing of it all attached,

Im wanting to add a new 2700btu vertical radiator in the living room to help keep it a bit warmer by extending the pipes from a radiator in the bedroom around to the living room.

The hallway has one radiator and all the pipes running from the boiler on that side are 22mm, when the pipes go under the floorboards they switch to 15mm i imagine to save cutting a wider hole for 22m into the slab.

I need to run about 7.4 m from the bedroom radiator to the living room either boxed in or chased into the wall new pipes to make this work.

But i know that 15mm can only handle about 4kw which im pretty close to as the 15mm circuit already has ~3.1 kw on it from the 2 radiators.. 6000btu ish and a 4700 btu

Wanting to find out what people think if it would even work extending the 15mm pipes that far and adding a new 0.7kw (2700btu) ?

P.s
Sadly the property has engineered wood floors from the last owners and dont really want to rip it up..}

The front room radiator is a small single pannel which has been bent to the bay window so its flow is reducded a bit

Uploaded a drawing kinda showing the plan and layout of the pipes, most of the pipes are external or boxed in expect where it crosses under the hallway which is under boards with no access

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 17.12.23.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 17.12.23.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back