new roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
looking at having a new roof, had a quote from a chap who has done a few roofs along the road, all had good things to say about him and his work.
the other day whilst looking at other roofs and comparing them to the one's he has done the tile colour seems watered down and i wondered if perhaps the tiles were seconds and i wondered is it possible to get marley seconds,
if so what would the price per tile against a first quality tile be. also is there anything against using seconds.
thanks

Sponsored Links
If i was going to the expense of renewing my roof i would not consider using second hand concrete tiles they fade/discolour rapid enough from new.

They are approx 80p each less if buying in bulk.

I`ve just had mine done - by a M8 who I`ve known from school in 1970 ;) Used second hand clays from a salvage yard - my Mrs. kept on about new tiles ( clays) but I like the rustic look . Seriously, you should go to a well established roofing co. for advice / quotes . DIY is the only perk we get from being in the building game - but I`ve saved £ thousands over the years ;)

Sponsored Links
no guarantee on s/h tiles.... even new clay tiles can fail early.. we've just had an issue with clay tiles failing after 7 years, but the makers have excepted all resposibility and costs..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back