New shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've just fitted a new electric shower unit in our en-suite. I tapped into wiring already there but the shower now turns on when I turn the light on and off when I activate the in-built hairdryer. Now the haidryer will only work if I put the shower on first! I've checked the wiring and the red earth lead was a bit loose so I tightened it up but it still doesn't work.

Is the shower faulty? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Mark

Sponsored Links
recon it's a joke? or maybe serious, he is from essex.. and if they guys are as stupid as the girls????? :rolleyes:

recon it's a joke? or maybe serious, he is from essex.. and if they guys are as stupid as the girls????? :rolleyes:

I THOUGHT it was a joke, but then read his profile page, he has a photo on there of "himself". Theres too much wrong with what he says for it to be for real, IMO.

@ MARK, if you're for real, please put up a photo of the offending shower and its wiring (and all other associated equipment). Thankyou!

Sponsored Links
Steve - no photo sorry as it's fixed - I paid an electrician who nearly spat his tea out when he saw it :oops:

I can do plumbing and building but I'll leave the electrics to the experts - no DIY electrics for me anymore on the orders of the other half - the sparky said I was lucky not to kill myself

Steve - no photo sorry as it's fixed - I paid an electrician who nearly spat his tea out when he saw it :oops:

I can do plumbing and building but I'll leave the electrics to the experts - no DIY electrics for me anymore on the orders of the other half - the sparky said I was lucky not to kill myself
Glad you learnt your lesson! And good one for making the spark a cuppa! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back