new standards from 1/4/2024

It was well made. As I am in Scotland I wish the bit about MI was true

Sponsored Links
Yes, you have totally misunderstood (my post) - you didn't pay enough attention to the 'multiple smilies' or what I had emboldened in my quote of your post!! I was just teasing you about your typo :)
Ah that could be my AlexaDick kicking in.

However I really can't resist, I didn't think we are discussing upholstery materials :unsure:
I am under the same impression. However, as I wrote, if that had been the case "...since about 2107", Ireland must be 'very far ahead'of the rest of us :)

If there were doing to be a further amendment of
BS7617 next April, we would know about it by now (i.e. there would have been 'DPOC's etc.). The first 'significant' amendment appeared about 4 years after BS7671:2018 - so, if that pattern continues, the next might be around 2026.

Kind Regards, John
:giggle::giggle:

Sponsored Links
"BBC: Spaghetti-Harvest in Ticino"
is still available on YouTube
Of course, as I mentioned in Post # 12 - and, not yet acknowledged
"Also, almost 60 years since Australia/NZ changed to Green insulated Earth conductors in 1966."

and about 50 years before "The Republic of Ireland" went along with the EU "regulations

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back